The blue circle is the global symbol for diabetes but to many people around the world it still means nothing. One of the aims of World Diabetes Day is to increase awareness of the symbol and strengthen its role as a means of bringing diabetes to the attention of the general public and supporting all efforts to improve the lives of people living with diabetes and reduce the serious global threat that the epidemic represents.
The blue circle is the official logo of World Diabetes Day and is prominently featured on all campaign communications and materials. We are now pleased to introduce a new way of promoting the symbol in a fun and inspiring way: the WDD selfie app.
For those who don't know, a selfie is a self-portrait of group picture, typically taken with a hand-held digital camera or camera phone and shared on social media. Selfies can be taken anywhere, your imagination is the limit!
How to take your blue circle selfie:
- Download the app to your IOS or Android device
- Allow World Diabetes Day to use your picture to make sure it is shared on our Facebook page
- Take a selfie or select an existing picture from your photo gallery
- Move the blue circle around your picture. Be creative!
- Share your selfie with your friends and add a personal message to it.
Selfies submitted will also be featured on the IDF website and in other campaign communication materials.